Who is elligible?
- FST StudioProjects Fund is open to professional visual artists 21 years or older currently living in New York City.
- Applicants must have legal US permanent resident status, US citizenship, or a visa that allows them to live and work in the United States.
- Artists must have a current lease for an artist studio in the New York City boroughs.
- The artist studio must not be residential.
- The studio must be located in the New York City boroughs.
- Studios can be shared areas but the lease must stipulate name of renter/applicant as well as the monthly rent amount.
- Applicants must have their legal paperwork in order by the time they are interviewed, no exceptions.
When can I apply?
Applications are accepted year round. Please apply here.
Is there an application fee?
How do I apply?
- This is an entirely online application process.
- Applications are available at here at Submittable.
- Artists must submit 5 to 8 images of recent works. Artists working in video may submit a combination of up to 2 videos and up to 5 images stills. Please enter up to 60 words of description about the content of each image.
- Artists must submit a statement of up to 500 words describing their practice, their need for funding for their studio and why they are committed to working in New York City.
- Applicants must submit a recent resume as a PDF. Please include your name, address, phone number and email address in this document along with exhibition and educational background.
- Artists must submit three references. Please provide the name, email address, telephone # and address of three references who know you on a professional level and can comment on your recent work and artistic development.
- Applications or supplemental materials sent by email will not be considered nor accepted.
When will I be contacted?
You will receive an email that your application was submitted. Please do not reply to this message as it is sent automatically. If you have any questions, you may contact us at email@example.com